What are the Top 20 Films of the 80′s?
// January 10th, 2012 // Great Articles
The 80′s gave us some great films and TV, so much so, films like Flashdance have had recent remakes, rumours of 3D re-releases of Top Gun 3D and TV series such as the A-Team have had a 21st century production.
So the question is, what are the Top 20 Films of the Eightie′s?
My photos. Now you know me.
- 747 crash is captured on video May 2, 2013This dramatic crash of a Boeing-747 cargo jet was captured as it took off from Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan on April 29. The boeing 747 was a cargo jet and was operated by National Air Cargo. The 747 was en-route from Bagram to Dubai. The take off starts smoothly and then something happens and […]
- Social Media & Photography Sharing December 28, 2012As you may know I have a photography blog at www.shanemcdonald.me but I also share a lot of this content online via Twitter, Flickr, Facebook and only recently the site at 500px which I have been slightly addicted to. I have just posted my Photography Year in Review and look forward to more of the […]
- Cockpit view of Boeing 747 Landing at Kai Tak, Hong Kong December 26, 2012This is a great video of a Boeing 747 landing at the now decommissioned Kai Tak airport in Hong Kong. I actually flew from Hong Kong International (Chek Lap Kok) to Kai Tak and landed a 737-800 back in April 2011 which was brilliant and in this video I recognise Chequerboard Hill where I started […]
- Funniest Christmas Song Ever December 14, 2012I heard this on Beat FM this morning having heard it once before. It is called Domink the Donkey. Do yourself a favour and have a listen, I think its hilarious but you will either love it or hate it. Is there a video to beat this – if […]
- Fantastic Christmas advert from John Lewis November 12, 2012This is a lovely, well thought out advert from John Lewis which is for Christmas Season 2012. It outlines the journey of a snowman but I won’t spoil the ending – take a look! x […]
- Morning Photography – Swans on the Lake January 30, 2013Morning can be a particularly good time to take great photos. More and more I am refraining from taking photos between 11am and 4pm as the colours are just washed out by the strong overhead sun (unless of course the sun is not an issue and you have some interesting clouds or sky to enjoy.) […]
- 10 things to Remember before or during your Photography shoot January 16, 2013This is my 6th year using a DSLR and my 12th year of using a digital camera and over this time I have learned a few photography lessons … some, the hard way!! This post has 10 things to remember before you start taking photos, either on a photo shoot or before you set out. […]
- Experimenting with ND Filters and Long Exposures January 10, 2013Having recently purchased some ND filters I had being longing to try them out for quite some time. I decided to try the seascape at sunset style with the waves crashing across the rocks. The waves become misty and it looks quite nice but I had never tried this before. I am going to outline […]
- 3 Photography Myths Discussed January 6, 2013With the reduction in price of DSLR cameras, may people have DSLR cameras, have the interest in photography but have ideas or “a little knowledge” and as a result photography myths are created. This blog post discusses 3 of these photography myths. 1) My Camera is the Problem – I need to upgrade “I would […]
- 2012 Photography Year in Review January 1, 2013With 2012 now over, I am having a look back at the photoblog, my photos during 2012, the blog traffic and what photography blog posts were the most popular during 2012. I got the WordPress email which had some very interesting stats. I have combined this report with some from Google Analytics and the results […]
- Roger Taylor on Facebook April 23, 2013If you didn’t already know, Roger Taylor is on Facebook with regular updates on his new projects. Visit http://www.facebook.com/rogertaylor for details and to follow his facebook updates […]
- Open Call Auditions for We Will Rock You US Tour April 10, 2013Are you a singer? Do you want to start in We Will Rock You, the Stageshow? There are Open Call Auditions for the We Will Rock You US Tour. Details for the auditions are as... […]
- Win a copy of “Freddie & Me” : A Coming-of-Age (Bohemian) Rhapsody December 26, 2012Freddie & Me is a very well illustrated graphic novel narrating one Queen fans journey through adolescence, that queen fan was Mike Dawson and YOU can win a copy!! Freddie & Me is one which... […]
- Freddie Mercury – 5th September 1946 – 24th November 1991 November 24, 2012On this day in 1991, 24th November, Freddie Mercury died at his home in London. The world had lost its best Rock Frontman. 21 Years on we still Remember Freddie … Freddie Mercury – Lover... […]
- Official Freddie Mercury Facebook Page November 7, 2012The Official Freddie Mercury Facebook page has now been launched and at the time of writing this post it has over 300K likes. If you are a Queen fan who wants to follow everything Freddie,... […]
- Premier Inn, Dartford – Hotel Review : Kent Hotel ReviewHaving booked tickets to see the excellent Derren Brown in Concert at Dartford’s Orchard Theatre, I was looking for a nice hotel to stay during my visit. On arrival we were welcomed and check-in was quick and painless. The hotel has 60 rooms, is nicely decorated and located beside a Beacon Beefeater restaurant if you […]
- Best Western Boltons Hotel, Earls Court – Hotel ReviewI was attending an internet expo called TFM&A at Earls Court Exhibition centre and needed a hotel nearby which was going to be comfortable and at a reasonable rate. I found the Best Western Boltons Hotel on a few sites and it had many good hotel reviews online and was under €90 which was a […]
- Carraig Hotel, Carrick-On-Suir, ReviewIn the past I have found that in Ireland, hotels in smaller towns can sometimes be a bit basic. This is not always the case but more often than not the finer touches are missed. Either the food is not to write home about or the ambiance is non-existant… I visit the Carraig Hotel every […]
- Luxury Villa in Marbella, Costa Del Sol, SpainPuerto Banus is sandwiched between the Mediterranean sea and the foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountains, enjoying a micro climate with more than 320 days of sunshine per year. The Villa located in Puerto Banus in Marbella, Spain, is ideal as a family holiday villa or great as a Golf Villa in Marbella with many […]
- Sheraton on the Falls, Niagara Falls – Hotel ReviewStaying in Niagara Falls is something you just have to do once and if you do, get a good hotel with a good view of the famous Niagara Falls. The Sheraton on the Falls is one of these great hotels. The view is something which you will probably have to pay a bit more for […]